Sea of Conero Park Riviera
Conero — is a district in Marche, region of Italy nearby Ancona on the coast. It is Natural Regional Park of the Conero, with mount Conero (572 m high) overlooking sea, Ancona and Marche valley — it’s fantastic views. It is green forestry hill along Adriatic sea coast (about 20 km. long). There are a lot of animals and bird in the forests. Villages and picturesque medieval towns are located in the area too. Some of them have a sea location or with the entering to sea. Conero Riviera has a lot beautiful beaches with crystal water and sea bright color. Mostly the beaches are pebble, but with comfort sea entering without swim shoes and are good for children too. Due to the sea there is very tasty seafood in the area. It’s great place for a vacation on a sea beach among nature and not far from interesting sites.
Beaches and places in Conero Park and neighborhood
- Ancona — is next to Conero, an important great city of Marche region, an ancient greek port. Main sights:
- Cathedral of San Ciriaco — famous Byzantine-Romanesque church is located on top of the Guasco hill with a marvelous panorama of the whole gulf and harbour of Ancona
- the Loggia dei Mercanti, Santa Maria della Piazza church, Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi shopping street
- Archeological museum Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30 to 14:0, Friday-Sunday: 14:00 to 19:30 mira-ancona.it
- Mezzavalle Beach faced to the east — good wide, 1,5 km long wild beach with sand and pebbles, there is a green wall of mountain forest behind you, it’s quite natural beauty. 600 m from parking among a forest. Attention! No flip-flops, only proper shoes to climb up and down, the path is slip and steep
- Portonovo is located on the beach, has ancient remains and napoleon fortifications. But the town is famous as snorkeling and diving fine place. It is expensive resort. And has beaches with less comfort sea entrance, no so good for children.
- Santa Maria of Portonovo church, La Torre di Portonovo tower — landmarks
- Spiaggia Bonetti beach faced to the north is rocky and no so long with beauty emerald water
- Spiaggia Portonovo faced to the east like Bonetty and less
- Sirolo is very cute medieval town with amazing balcony-main square above the sea and park Conero with spectacular views. All paths to beaches go among pine forest. A bus goes to the beaches just from Sirolo center square Piazzale Marino, or you can have a nice forest stroll, but notice, Sirolo is located on a hill.
- Urbani beach faced to the east — no large cute beach with a picturesque cave right on a beach — Urbani grotto. It is the closest beach to Sirolo (10 min by foot, 700 m)
- San Michele beach faced to the east 1,5 km long
- Due Sorelli Beach faced to the east (with two rocks look like sisters figures) — no large, good for snorkeling, it is better to get to it by sea, from Numana port or from San Michele beach in a season.
- is one more town on the beach with a port.
- Osimo is famous due to caves, there is a whole underground city in the medieval town. Info and to book a visit: IAT Osimo Office, opens 8:30 to 13:00, 16:00 to 19:00 Sunday 10:00-13:00, 16:00 to 19;00, Monday closed. In July and August, until mid-September opens 8:30 to 14:00, 15:00 to 19:00 Sunday 10:00-14:00, 15:00 to 19;00, tel 800 228800 osimoturismo.it
- The Grotte del Cantinone
- The Riccioni cave (not good illuminated, need to bring a torch)
- The Caves of Piazza Dante
- Camerano like Osimo, has also caves, turismocamerano.it
- Grotta Corraducci
- Grotta Trionfi
- Grotta Ricotti
- Grotta Mancinforte
- Loreto — it is not in Conero Park, but it is a famous medieval town nearby. There is the Shrine of the Holy House in Loreto, which was build specially for enshrining and looks like a castell.
- Basilica della Santa Casa 6:15 to 19:30
- Frasassi caves — it’s very remarkable mountain caves, they are not in Conero Park too, but from Conero you can get to them for about 1 h 20 min by car (80 km).It’s better to book tickets online, it could be a big line to ticket office. frasassi.com
CONERO PARK VISITOR CENTER Via Peschiera, 30 — Sirolo parcodelconero.com
What to see & where to stay in Conero Park check on a map
Some hotels in Conero Park in order of sea distance and towns, (Sirolo is my favorite place, it is the first):
- Hotel Sirolo****
- San Michele Relais & Spa ****
- Fortino Napoleonico****
- Seebay Hotel****
- Hotel Internazionale***
- Very elegant interior design (for me), though plain and not luxury, I always enjoyed it no less, then sea and forest, though it was only 16 sq.m
- Outdoor pool was too very nice for eye, and it was pleasantly to swim here after our trips or forest stroll — ascending from beaches.
- We had a room faced to opposite side from the road, where the hotel is located, and road’s noise didn’t disturb us. Our view was adorable, to the Marche valley, though not so gorgeous, as if we had a soupier room.
- It’s 12 minutes walk to the Urbani beach (900 m), and a couple steps to main square with main active life.
Approximately price per 2 adults with breakfast .16 sq.m 150 euro balcony
San Michele Relais & Spa ****
- SPA with indoor pool and outdoor pool in pleasant garden
- Located a bit outside, 500 m from the main square Piazzale Marino, 1,1 km from San closest Michele beach
Approximately price per 2 adults with breakfast .22 sq.m 250 euro sea and pines view, balcony, second floor
- The hotel has no building, it is located right in napoleon fortifications — with small windows and medieval spirit like in castle.
- Located right on a beach, but it is not so convenient for children, but it is an ideal place for sea world discovering.
Approximately price per 2 adults with breakfast .18 sq.m 317 euro medieval courtyard view
- SPA, indoor and outdoor pools, pleasantly garden
- Located at bus stop, 350 m to Portonovo beach, 700 m to Bonetti beach among a forest
Approximately price per 2 adults with breakfast .20 sq.m 350 euro pleasant view (garden), balcony (no garden view is to the wall, no pleasant)
- Located on a hill with stunning views
- It is alone among the Conero park forest, you can enjoy quiet and nature
- 700 m to Portonovo beach, 950 m to Bonetti beach among a forest
Approximately price per 2 adults with breakfast .22 sq.m 230 euro, panoramic sea view, terrace,